The BEST Healthy Energy Bites
It’s time to get your snack on with 10 easy, incredible energy bites recipes that you’ll come back to time and time again. You know ya girl can’t live without healthy snacks (honestly, who can?!) so over the years I’ve been perfecting recipes for energy bites with tons of different flavors to satisfy all snack cravings.
No bake energy bites: the perfect healthy snack
If you’ve never made energy bites or energy balls before WOW you are in for a treat. These energy bites truly make the perfect healthy snack because they’re:
- Quick & easy to make using your hands and, often, a food processor
- Great for taking on-the-go and sharing with kiddos
- Filled with minimal, nutrient-dense ingredients that pack fiber, protein & healthy fats (the snack trifecta!)
- Almost always gluten free, dairy free and vegan friendly
- DELICIOUS and double as healthy desserts!
Common ingredients in energy bites recipes
I always stick with simple, whole foods when I’m creating a new recipe for energy bites. The options are endless when it comes to the flavors and textures you can create! Some ingredients I love to use are:
- Nuts & nut butters: for flavor and plenty of healthy fats. Nut butter helps hold the energy bites together, while nuts themselves add a great texture!
- Oats: for a boost of whole grains and to help the energy balls hold their shape.
- Natural sweeteners: such as dates, honey or pure maple syrup to ensure that the bites taste good. I also like to include natural flavors like vanilla extract or almond extract!
- Nutritious mix-ins: like chia seeds, hemp seeds and flaxseed meal to bulk up the energy bites and provide fiber & healthy fats.
Can I add more protein?
Of course! To make extra protein energy bites feel free to add 1/4 cup of your favorite protein powder. You’ll then likely need to add a little more nut butter or a tablespoon or two of coconut oil to make up for the loss of moisture.
How to store & freeze energy bites
Because there’s no baking required when you make energy bites, they last for many days in the fridge and even weeks in the fridge. You can enjoy an amazing, nutritious snack whenever hunger strikes!
- To store: these homemade energy bites will last for 5-7 days in the fridge.
- To freeze: feel free to add them to a freezer-safe bag or container and store them for up to 1 month. I actually love energy balls straight from the freezer, and I’d recommend letting them soften up for about 5-10 minutes in the fridge or at room temp before eating them so that they’re not too hard.
Get all of our kitchen essentials here!
Chia Banana Bread Energy Bites
Honey Cinnamon Almond Butter Energy Bites
Birthday Cake Cookie Dough Energy Bites
5-minute Protein Peanut Butter Energy Bites
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookie Energy Bites with Chia + Cacao Nibs
No Bake Omega 3 Mint Brownie Energy Bites
The Best Lactation Energy Bites
Monster Cookie Energy Bites
Salted Date Brownie Energy Bites
Healthy Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Protein Balls
If you make any of these energy bites be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you liked them!